HUDDERSFIELD BIRDWATCHERS' CLUB

Registered charity no.1098296
Welcome to the Huddersfield Birdwatchers' CubGo to our forum
Normal Topic Blackbirds (Read 1824 times)
GeoffT

Blackbirds
10/07/19 at 17:44:47
Post Tools
Unlike the couple I read about in Crossland Moor that no longer have any birds visiting their garden (nor their neighbours) our garden continues to be pretty busy however this year it seems that the Blackbirds have deserted us!! I realise that they do disappear after summer to moult -and from my detailed records this normally means a four or five week gap - but this year we are now in week ten and counting. Is anyone else having a similar experience?

IP Logged

stevec

Re: Blackbirds
Reply #1 - 10/08/19 at 10:05:12
Post Tools
Yes, many weeks of absence but I saw two males fly over from nearby garden yesterday.

IP Logged

Alf

Are you sure?

Reply #2 - 10/11/19 at 10:27:54
Post Tools
Also absent from my garden but I believe that this is an extreme example of normal fluctuations. It can be easy to forget the awful weather of 2018 and its knock-on effect through subsequent breeding periods and I wonder if this is a contributory factor.

That isn't to say, of course, that we aren't all seeing the declines that are obvious in the wider countrysde.

(Not to mention the devastating effects of microwave radiation from 4G and 5G masts - tin helmets should be worn at all time around Crosland Moor.)

Alf
Forum Administrator

Grip, don't dip.

IP Logged

stevec

Reply #3 - 10/13/19 at 11:53:03
Post Tools
Only seeing a few males.

IP Logged