HUDDERSFIELD BIRDWATCHERS' CLUB

Registered charity no.1098296
Welcome to the Huddersfield Birdwatchers' CubGo to our forum
Normal Topic Bird Cruise (Read 1411 times)
David Hardacre
Ex Member

Bird Cruise
04/19/10 at 16:34:38
Post Tools
I've got 4 tickets booked for a bird criuse starting from Boston Lincolnshire this Friday the 23rd. The cruise is organised and run by South Lincs RSPB. It starts at 11.30 and lasts about 4 hours. There are guides at the front and middle of the boat and all birds are called out. The boat, The Boston Belle, goes down the river Witham, out into the Wash and up the river Welland as far as the A17 then returns along the same route. I did the cruise last year at this time and it was very interesting and some good birding with over 50 species being seen. There is catering on the boat, bacon butties etc. plus drinks.
Reason for the post is that one member of the party, Alf King, is regretably stranded in Newark, New Jersey and is not scheduled to fly home till Friday of this week at the earliest.
Along with myself David Butterfield and a friend of mine, John Hinchliffe, are making the trip and it would be nice to go with a full car. We will be leaving Almondbury around 07.00 on Friday morning and perhaps be back about 7.00 in the evening.
If anyone is interested please give me a call on 01484 348232. The ticket is paid for and I'm sure an arrangement can be made with Alf on his return.
Look forward to hearing from you
David

IP Logged

David Hardacre
Ex Member

Re: Bird Cruise
Reply #1 - 04/19/10 at 19:51:19
Post Tools
Steve Cook has taken up the offer
David

IP Logged